- An overview of the road and the new Lincoln
- The Lincoln Highway Heritage Corridor
promotes and preserves the route through six Pennsylvania counties
- A 1915 trip journal and LHA letter at
the Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer, Grand Island, Neb.
- The Lincoln Highway National Museum &
Archives in Galion, Ohio
- Jeff Kitsko's exhaustive history of highways
and their alignments
- A nice summation of LH history by Richard
F. Weingroff (click "Highway History on that page's upper
right to see his dozens of other articles too).
- Sandor Gulyas' Lincoln Highway trips,
and a series of loaned photos from the early 1960s
- Path of Progress National Heritage Tour
Route: A 500+ mile national heritage tour route as well as a
state heritage tour route which meanders through nine counties
in southwestern Pennsylvania.
- Doug Pappas' tribute to the Ship Hotel
has 3 pages of images.
- An amazingly detailed model of a cafe
on the LH at Red Desert, Wyoming, by David Malcolm Rose
- Good article on the 75th anniversary of
another road, the Tamiami Trail in Florida.
- Pittsburgh article about the 2003 Lincoln
Highway Cross Country Anniversary Tour.
- Lots of info about U.S. routes:
- Colorado Highways History has info about
roads in a state that many forget was part of the Lincoln Highway:
- The Central Pacific Railroad Photographic
History Museum has info about the railroad at Donner Summit:
- The National Cigar Corporation, Frankfort,
Ind., produced a LH Cigar. The site has a cigar band pictured,
similar to one in my Greetings book but this one has the
company name on it.
- View and purchase the "Lost Highways"
reproduced c. 1924 auto trails poster:
- The Yellowstone Trail was the first highway
across the northern U.S. from Massachusetts to Washington.